Monday, March 06, 2006

New Tools for Fools

This is my first attempt at using the Blogger for Word Toolbar. We’ll see how it does here. Up until this point I’ve been emailing my blog posts to allow easier formatting and keep a separate record of posts. I thought I’d try this one out as it sounds even more capable.

So you may be wondering if anything interesting will ever happen here. The answer is: I don’t know. It’s nice to just have a place from which I can pronounce the silly thoughts that waft gently from my enigmatic inner machinations. I’m still looking for the ideal TV and the stand for it. I’m certain we’ll find the right ones.

In other news, we have decided to move on from our goals of finding a Saturn Vue to purchase, to the goal of finding a 2006 Toyota Rav4. I liked the distinctive styling of the pre-2006 Vue, and loved the Honda V6 that it picked up beginning in 2004. My wife was not as enthusiastic as I was, but slowly warmed up to it. The slight redesign for 2006 made her like it a little more, but had the opposite effect on me. When I saw a commercial for the 2006 Rav4, I had to go take a look at it some more. At this point, both my wife and I are really excited about it. We went to our local Toyota dealer on Friday to take a look at one in person. One of the salesmen walked us around the lot to see if they had any he wasn’t aware of. There weren’t any at all! They aren’t shipping big numbers yet, so as soon as a couple of them show up they are usually gone in a day or two. I called a couple of other dealers and got the same answer.

If you are interested in configuring a Rav4 for yourself, I would recommend visiting www.edmunds.com. Toyota’s “Build Your Own” tool is not complete in that you are limited to the 4-cylinder Base model if you want to build a Front-Wheel Drive Rav4.

No comments:

Post a Comment