Tuesday, May 02, 2006

TV and Stand Day Approacheth!

The next phase is on the way! We ordered the JVC HD-61FH96 TV, along with an interesting TV Stand from South Shore Furniture. Before these arrive I will need to figure out how I will be attaching the front speakers to the wall, so that I won’t need to worry about it once the TV finds its final resting place.

All we need after this will be a Series 3 Tivo! While we wait for that, I will be trying to find out if Comcast has a DVR with more hard disk space that I can swap for. I’d like to be able to start recording our favorite shows in HD, and then enjoy the high resolution goodness on the new TV. Right now I have a hard time justifying that as we can only record about 12 hours of HD material, and we usually have the hard disk about 60% full. That leaves us somewhere around 4.5 hours of room for HD shows. We come close to recording that much at least 3 nights a week, and usually don’t watch it all until a few days later. Definitely need more room.

4 comments:

  1. KEnny - I have been seeing these "Impeach Bush" banners on some blogs - I did not know it was a "phenomenon".

    And the NSA has still not locked up your blog and put it away! ;-)

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure someone there has thought about it! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you mention favorite TV shows, I must say that "Prison Break" is the best show I have watched in years.

    And Amamzing Race is great too.

    Good Luck with TV and Stand! :-)

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. dr. nazli, I am also a fan of Prison Break. Mondays have been the high point for TV excitement with 24 on right afterward. Wednesday would give Monday a run for the money, with Lost, Alias, and Invasion, but I don't usually watch any of them until a few days afterward. I don't think I could be a fan of TV shows without a DVR!

    ReplyDelete