Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tricked out with Flock and keyboard shortcuts...

The last thing I didn't like about Flock has a work-around:



The "Share this link via email" button hasn't worked the way I would like it to, because it uses your system's default email client to send an email, and I hadn't figured out how to make Windows use a website as an email client. I found out that Google Talk has such an option, which will make this button open a new tab to compose a message in Gmail. I have also read that Flock will address this disparity in the near future.

I just thought I'd spread some more Flock lovin' around. :^)

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
I have also been sending a little more time on my desktop system. You know the one with the ergonomic keyboard? Last night I Googlefied (I'm sure that's a word!!) the software for it to use the shortcut keys to open new tabs for various google products in my favorite browser. Here they are from Left to Right:

  1. Web/Home: iGoogle
  2. Search: New Gmail Message
  3. Mail: Gmail Inbox
  4. Favorite 1: Google Calendar
  5. Favorite 2: Google Docs
  6. Favorite 3: Picasa Web Albums (more Google)
  7. Favorite 4: Google Maps
  8. Favorite 5: Object Edit
I really like this setup. I'll save the Object Edit explanation for another post. For now I'll just say that if you have never heard of Stardock or Object Desktop, you need to check them out NOW!!!!

Blogged with Flock

No comments:

Post a Comment