Monday, September 06, 2010

I need your help

I'm making some playlists to keep handy on my phone, and I would like your help in making some suggestions. As I receive suggestions, I'll add the songs to my playlists. I'm looking for three categories of music, all of which I would like to make me want to move in some rhythmic fashion, however strange and clumsy that may be.



Our first category is the classic Cowbell. Why Cowbell? I want to be prepared in case I happen to run across Bruce Dickinson and I need some way to break the ice.



Secondly, we have the Harmonica. It is a simple instrument, but one nearly as versatile as a piano. I can't get enough Harmonica, fast or slow.



Last, we have Brass. I've always had an affinity for brass instruments, and still regret not staying with the Cornet longer. I love the rumbling bravado of the Tuba and Baritone, the blaring screams of the Trumpet and Cornet, and everything in between.

If you have any favorites that fit in these categories, I'll gladly add them to the playlists, so we can all benefit.

Thanks for your help!!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

  1. Cowbell: "Coming Up" by Pink

    Harmonica: My favorite song featuring harmonica is "Heart of Gold" by Neil Young, though I know it isn't really rhythmical and jouncy. "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder also has harmonica, I believe. Oh and "Love Me Do" by the Beatles.

    Brass: That's the hardest one for me. Aside from something obvious like Cherry Poppin Daddies, I'd choose Knights of Cydonia by Muse or Short Skirt and a Long Jacket by Cake. Cake uses trumpets a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Allison! I don't seem to be able to find anything by The Beatles on Grooveshark (Hmmmm...), but everything else was added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. porterdavis "hey now jack"
    The ty curtis band "what ya gonna do" & "I must confess"
    little walter "you're so fine"

    all harmonica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Drew! I'll be sure to add them in the morning. :-D

    ReplyDelete