Saturday, May 10, 2008

Notes From The Couch

Sitting in the new house with a few moments to spare for what feels like the first time, I thought I'd post an update somewhere. Truth be told, I do actually have stuff to do still. The old house still needs attention, but it has achieved a level of stability where we not only need a break, but don't feel bad about taking one.

We don't have any of the desktop computers set up yet, but they are on the way. We have to find a desk and partitions for Allison's, and my desk needs to be transported from the garage to the bedroom, before either can be set up. I hope we find Allison's desk soon, because some of her Mother's Day presents are rather useless without her computer having a home. I wish there were more "ergonomic" desk solutions at the local stores. We made a trip to Ikea not too long ago, and have been on the lookout since then. She needs a new chair as well. Come on Dealnews & Pricegrabber, show me what you got!!

Last night, I took the kids on their scooters and found the entrance to our nearest exercise trail. All through the Olympia area, old railroad lines have been converted to these trails, and I've gone biking and walking on a few of them after driving to an entrance. Our new location puts us about 3 blocks from one! To prepare myself for my own upcoming fitness challenge, I did a short stint on the elliptical trainer after putting the kids to bed. We have it in the garage and I'm liking it there. Our landlord installed some handy shelves on both sides of the garage, one of which is at just the right height for parking your ice water for mid-workout replenishment. Now I just need to find the closest basketball hoop!

The last note: I'm loving that more of my family has joined the text messaging crowd. Even if we aren't constantly texting each other all the time, we can keep up with each other to a certain extent via Twitter as well. This was especially handy yesterday. I was able to get my siblings on board for my mom's flowers with one text message and a phone call (I have to find a wi-fi messaging device for Jon).

Happy Mother's Day, to all who are mothers or have them!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment