Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy First Day of Winter!!

We got lots of snow, Christmas shows to watch on the TiVo, cookies to bake, and I can now take pictures of it all on my (almost like new again) phone!  The kids have been having so much fun playing outside that I think they may burst, and it has helped put Allie and I in even better spirits.  In a part of the country that I love for both its mild weather and the proximity to more extreme conditions, it is nice to be visited by some real snow for once.  I think we got about 7-8 inches yesterday, with some more on the way today.

Now that I have my phone back, I'll be able to update my mobile blog more often.  I know that some folks regard mobile blogs as a bit of a joke, but that's fine.  I don't take much time to sit and nurse either of my three other blogs too much, so I think it makes a nice bridge between the instant gratifications of social networks and the blogs that I put some (admittedly) small amount of work into.

The challenging part about swapping back to this phone is getting my fingers (now on ONE hand instead of two) used to holding it, and a single thumb used to typing.  The overall interface is so easy to use that I've fallen right back into it with nary a hitch, but because the dictionary got wiped, I have to do a good bit of manual spelling before I can type with any "real" speed.  Commands and usernames for applications like twitter and Remember The Milk are the hardest to stomp through because they tend to be a bit more cryptic.

The small blessing here is that I don't have to do as much to get my phone up to speed as I would if I still had a data plan for it.  I'd have to load it with bookmarks, and RSS feeds, and whole bunches of Java apps.  I'm happy to leave those for another time.  I do miss using the "Send To Blog" function on the phone, but sending an MMS isn't really any harder. 
Blogged with the Flock Browser

6 comments:




  1. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, You can see Travel Nearby best tourist place Best Honeymoon Destination in this page.Places to visit in Goa
    Weekend Gateways Near Pune

    ReplyDelete