Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's All About the Box

I'm not going to be able to add to this very often after the TV gets here, but the focus is now on the box to get wedged under it. The biggest constraint will be width. The wall which everything will be parked in front of is about 75 inches wide between two doorways. The TV we are getting is 57 inches wide, and I have a subwoofer I'd like to place beside the whole thingwhich measures about 12 inches wide. This means we need to find a TV stand less than 63 inches wide, but not less than 57 inches so that the TV (and it's side mounted buttons) doesn't hang over the sides. On top of that, we'd like it to be reasonably tall enough that the munchkins can migrate around the floor in front of the TV and not totally block the picture as seen from the sofa.

The one I like the most so far is the Bush Industries model VS13588-03 . This TV stand has a nice bit of storage in the form of 3 drawers across the top, but I'd like something that would allow more of the components to be completely hidden as the TV we will be buying has extra IR transmitters. For my wife, who would like to keep the equipment out of sight if possible (why did I go to all the trouble of buying everything in a nice matching shade of silver again?), we are trying to find a more aethetically pleasing cabinet of sorts to satisfy this need, but I haven't found much so far. There are plenty of attractive stands available, but most of them are of the "open architecture" variety. Let me know if you find any!

No comments:

Post a Comment