Friday, January 06, 2006

Does This Work?

This is my first attempt at emailing a post to the old Blogstead. I'm trying to see if this will make it any easier to format text.

And the Winner Is:

For now, The Plan is to buy the Toshiba 62HM195. I decided that a VGA input is not going to be a determining factor for family entertainment "needs". This decision has been reached through a long drawn out process that started just before our trip to Ohio. We stopped by our local Magnolia Audio Video on our way to SeaTac. There were more 1080P sets there than I have seen anywhere else. Allison was blown away by the picture, finally able to appreciate the clarity these machines can deliver. They had models from Samsung, Mitsubishi, and Sony, and we definitely enjoyed them all. The fun part for me was seeing Allison's look of glee when presented with the idea that we will have a picture looking that good in our own living room.

The amazing thing about it was that my wife said 56 inches was going to be too small. She wanted us to move up another notch in size. That caught me by surprise. She has often been critical of folks getting a TV too big for their viewing area. I was careful not to go for the 60" sets for that reason. I figured they would still be alright, but wanted to pick a safer size range. With the added size we have to watch a little more closely for the correct size of stand. The nice thing about the Toshiba models is that they come with IR transmitters to allow you to control devices which are hidden away. This opens up the options for TV stands even more. We can potentially hide everything but the TV away, out of sight, and away from prying eyes and fingers. I don't see how it can get any better than that. I'll let you know about the cabinets when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment